Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Cell Phone



   When ever you go fishing or even out for a nice nature drive, you need to have some way to contact someone for help if you need it.  That's why, it is of my opinion, that you should always take your phone and if anyone is with you, they should take their phone too.
   There is no better safety percussion then having your cell phone with you on any outing. You need to make sure you have fully charged the battery and remind anyone going with you to do the same. If you are taking your phone with you when going fishing you might consider putting it in some kind of waterproof bag. Phone won't do much if you drop it or it falls into the water. From experience, I know the doesn't work to well after it has be submerged in water.
  This is why I recommend you have the person that came with you to carry a cell phone too. You just never know what is going to happen. I was fishing a mountain lake and forgot my phone and did not remind my partner to bring his when an older man fishing the same lake fell and broke his hip. Well, lucky for the older man someone on the lake fishing had a phone and called for help. It still took about 45 minutes for the ambulance to get to where we were, but at least help came and was able to get the man to the hospital. That made a believer out of me. I always take my cell phone now.
   You need to be sure you put the cell phone in a secure pocket too. Not all pockets are good for the phone. I lost my phone one time while fishing, it fell out of my pocket and I didn't know it until I got back to the truck and tried to make a call but the phone was gone. We tried to find it but couldn't. Well, when I got home and informed my wife the phone was lost, she was not a happy camper. A few days later I bought another phone that cost me 250.00 and about a week after that the phone company called me and said someone found my phone and wanted to know if I could come and pick it up. I informed her that I purchased a new phone and to give it to the organization the gives phone to battered women.

No comments:

Post a Comment