Monday, January 24, 2011

How a fishing pole holder works

All fishing pole holders work basically the same and for the same purpose, to hold your fishing pole. How ever there are still several types and usage for a them. Lets start with the obvious. You take it with you when you go fishing to hold your fishing pole so you can do other things while your line and bait are in the water waiting for a fish to bite.
   Some of these fishing pole holders go into the ground either by being driven or screwed into the ground. Other types you can attach to your beach chair. Some can be attached to wheelchair to help the handicapped go fishing. Most of these fishing pole holders you just set your fishing pole into the slot designed for your fishing pole.
   Some fishing pole holders are designed to be use on a boat either for storage or while fishing. Some of these fishing pole holders can either be just clamped to the edge or you boat while others have a base that is attached to the boat and than the part that holds your fising pole is set into the base on the top edge of the boat.
   There others designed to be used in your vehicle usually mounted so your fishing pole will set horizontally. These type of holders work great. By using these you do not have to worry about breaking you fishing poles with your other fishing gear.
   Other pole holder are designed just for storage. You can get floor mount, which usually you can get them to hold just about as many fishing poles as you want. Some pole holder will have rollers so you can move them around. Other storage  holders you can mount on the wall. These are good because you can keep your floor area clear. Other pole holders you can mount on the ceiling which is great if you are limited on floor and wall space in your garage. I use all three. Usually all my fishing poles are in the ceiling mount. But, if I am working on my fishing poles, changing line or fixing a tip or making a fishing pole from scratch I need the floor mount pole holder to keep next to my work bench. If the fishing pole is not mine that I am fixing I will put it in the floor holder and then when I finish fixing that pole I will put in the wal mount holder.
   I usually take 2 fishing pole holders when I go fishing just in case my fishing partner doesn't have one to bring or one holder may break. 1/18/11 by Randy Wright Delete

No comments:

Post a Comment