Monday, January 24, 2011

What is a fishing pole

   A fishing pole is the stick or pole you put you line and bait on and is used to through them out into the water to catch a fish. There are many kinds of poles. There are fiberglass poles and graphite poles. It is your choice upon which you like the best. Most of my fishing poles are fiberglass rods. That's the type I grew up with so that is what I got used to using. I get a more play action with them but the graphite poles seem to be more sensitive. I did forget to mention bamboo poles. I have never used one so I can't comment on them. You also have one piece and break down fishing poles. These can break down to just 2 pieces to several pieces in a pole you would take in your back pack.
   One piece poles are probably stronger then the break down but the one piece pole is harder to get into the truck or car. Also, if you pack into a lake it is much easier to pack in a pole that breaks down into several pieces instead of carrying in a one piece pole. But that is just my personally feeling.
   Depending upon what you are going to fish for and what type of fishing you are going to do determines what type for pole you are going to use. There are heavy duty poles clear down to micro light fishing poles. I like to use micro light fishing poles and ultra light poles when I go fishing for perch or crappie. Use 2# fishing line and you will have a lot of fun. Now if I had to choose only 1 pole  and had to get rid of all my other fishing poles, I would have to choose my medium to light weight steelhead pole. That way I could fish for perch and crappie, clear up to steelhead and salmon on that one pole. I like fishing for larger fish that might be why I would choose that pole.
   I am really glad I do not have to choose only one pole. I thing you have to have two or three of  all the different kinds for fishing poles. That way if I break a pole I don't have to quit fishing and go home. All I have to do is at most is go back to the truck to get another pole and keep on fishing.     1/23/11 by Randy Wright Delete
1 – 2 of 2

No comments:

Post a Comment